Hundredfold 500 Prairie Dropseed Grass Seeds - Sporobolus heterolepis Ornamental Bunch Grasses, Host Plant for Skipper Butterfly Larva, Valued for Native Garden & Wildflower Meadow
- A North American Prairie native grass, it is a warm season grass (actively growing in summer)
- Perfect for upland and dried conditions, it does not like shade or wet
- A host plant for multiple rare native skipper larva
- Each package contains 500 open-pollinated seeds that are packed and shipped from Ontario
- Hundredfold is a trusted Canadian trademark since 2017. Good fruits multiply
- Note: VERY slow to germinate, it may take up to one month to sprout. Keep seeds moist after sowing and be patient.
Prairie dropseed is a fine-textured bunchgrass with leaves that curve gracefully outward forming large, round tufts. Prairie dropseed is a perennial warm-season grass, most noted for its distinctive fragrance. Snow does not flatten the plant, so it is even more graceful after the winter snow.